The NIHR has issued a call for research into the evaluation of interventions or services delivered for older people with multimorbidity. Multimorbidity is defined as the co-occurrence of two or more chronic conditions in one person.
This call is an initiative by the NIHR in recognition of the need for further research-based evidence to support the delivery of best care to people with multimorbidities, and to enable them to maintain their capabilities and quality of life.
The following programmes are currently open for applications:
- Efficacy and Mechanism Evaluation (EME)
- Health Services and Delivery Research (HS&DR)
- Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
- Public Health Research (PHR)
The following programmes are also participating in the call, and will open for applications in due course:
- Invention for Innovation (i4i)
- Programme Grants for Applied Research (PGfAR)
- Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB)
The closing date for applications is 1pm, 20 May 2015. For further information and to apply, please visit: http://www.themedcalls.nihr.ac.uk/multimorbidities
Please contact your Research Development Manager before submitting an application to this call.