The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) would like Expressions of Interest (EoI) for research projects that will address a specific research priority that is targeted at wheat grain quality. It is anticipated that the findings would provide the basis for the development of a cost-effective, commercial rapid-type test for quality at mill intake, within 5 years after project completion.
Focus on the following objectives:
- To improve the understanding of the relationship between pentosans, starch damage and water absorption of flours.
- To improve the understanding of how this relationship impacts upon wheat baking quality.
Specific project objectives:
- To provide a better understanding of why wheat grain hardness does not always translate in the expected variation in water absorption of the flour.
- To determine why such variations occur and whether it is purely environmental or related solely to levels of both soluble and insoluble pentosans.
- To examine further the relationship between pentosan levels, damaged starch levels and the water absorption of wheat flours.
Deadline for proposals: 9 December
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on bidding for tenders, see: https://rke.mmu.ac.uk/knowledge-exchange/developing-your-ideas/tenders/