Drawing on his experience as a long-term analyst of UK research policy, James Wilsdon (Director of Policy, Impact and Engagement, University of Sheffield) will offer some insights and predictions about the future of the policy and funding landscape, broaching questions such as:
• What do all of these changes add up to for researchers and research managers, trying to navigate and respond to the ever-shifting priorities of policymakers?
• How much do we know about the shape of the funding system two, three or five from years from now, and how much remains uncertain?
• What opportunities will Research UK bring?
• Is the impact agenda likely to increase or diminish in importance?
• What threats does a possible Brexit pose to the future of EU funding?
• And will the REF survive in a recognisable form, or be reshaped into a more automated, metric-based system?
1-4pm Wednesday 2 March 2016
Room 5.04, Business School
For more information and to reserve your place, please contact Ann Marie McDonald.