Come and hear from MIT Professor and author of the book ‘Platform Revolution‘ Marshall Van Alstyne to discuss ”Platform Design in the IoT and Big Data Analytics Era.”
Marshall Van Alstyne will be speaking via dedicated video-conference from Boston on the 21st April, joined by a panel of senior industry experts, Angel Salazar (Manchester Metropolitan University) and Paul Lancaster (formerly at TechNorth) who will be present at Greenheys Business Centre to discuss how to build platforms and create value for users.
Intended audiences are technology startup founders and investors developing and promoting digital platform businesses.
Key questions to be addressed in the breakfast panel are:
- How do we build a platform that invites participation and creates value for all its users?
- What are the key architectural components that promote interaction and value creation?
- How is platform strategy different and why to platforms always beat products?
- How could startup founders monetise their platform models?
- How do you monetise a platform without destroying network effects?
- How can we devise a pricing strategy that strengthens positive network effects?
- To which users or what side of the platform do we charge fees, and which ones do we subsidise?
- What smart metrics can we use to keep track of platform success at the launch, growth and maturity stages?
- What are effective strategies to compete within platform markets?
- How can we leverage the value of IoT and data as a source of competitive advantage?
- Thursday, 21 April 2016 from 08:00 to 09:30 (BST)
- Greenheys Business Centre – Pencroft Way, Manchester M15 6JJ, United Kingdom