ESRC have just published their Delivery Plan 2016/17-2019/20. All Research Councils publish Delivery Plans as a final product of Government Spending Review. The Plans set out each Council’s funding priorities and outline the activities that they intend to undertake over a given period i.e. this is the document gives some genuine signposts as to what is coming up over next couple of years. We’ve provided a summary below.
The full document is available HERE.
- Outlines initial priority areas: Productivity; Understanding the Macro-Economy; Mental Health and Wellbeing; Housing; and Ways of Being in a Digital Age.
- The responsive mode Standard Grant scheme will be protected.
- In line with the new Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) a new round of urgency grants on refugees and migration will be commissioned. Furthermore, a competition for Research Centres focused on GCRF priorities will be launched.
- In 2016/17 they will review current practices for the commissioning, governance and funding of longitudinal studies and ensure these meet the future needs of investment.
- Invest in a new International Interdisciplinary Centre in Real-Time Analytics, to complement the existing investments in the Big Data Network.
- Identify further opportunities for exploitation of their existing investment in datasets.
- Invest in further projects through the Secondary Data Analysis Initiative.
- The Doctoral Training Network will be refreshed through an open and competitive process for new DTPs.
- New initiatives will be announced to support Early Career Researchers.