BBSRC have announced the closure of its International Scientific Interchange Scheme (ISIS) and have launched a new International Travel Award Scheme (ITAS).
The aim of the scheme is to help scientists add an international dimension to their BBSRC-funded research by making and establishing new contacts with international counterparts.
Funding is available in collaborative areas such as:
- First contact type activities that require short term travel support. The award could allow researchers to travel outside the UK to initiate collaboration or prepare proposals with partners for international programmes (e.g. EU Framework, Human Frontier Science Program)
- Visiting specific facilities not available in the UK, undertaking a particular piece of work, or gaining access to new techniques or materials which would be of benefit to the BBSRC project or the UK research team. Stays of up to one month in another country can be supported
Eligibility Criteria listed below:
- BBSRC-supported researchers are eligible – research grantholders and staff employed at institutes of BBSRC
- The application must be made by the PI, but it does not have to be the PI undertaking the travel (students are not eligible for travel)
- The associated BBSRC grant must have started before the application submission and should have at least 6 months remaining from the start of the award
£3K funding is available for travel and subsistence costs only.
Further information can be accessed here http://www.bbsrc.ac.uk/funding/filter/itas/