As part of our ongoing communications around Open Access and Symplectic, we are running a number of drop-in sessions to enable research active staff to ask any questions to representatives from both the Library and RKE teams.
Mary Pickstone (Library) and Mike Lonsdale (RKE) will be on hand to lend assistance and can help with any of the following questions you may have:
- What is Open Access (OA) and why is it important to me?
- What are Symplectic and e-space? How do I use them? (We will be able to offer a one-on-one tutorial on the spot)
- How do I upload a publication to Symplectic? (If you bring any work with you then we can upload it with you)
- Which version of my work do I upload?
- What is an embargo period?
- What is ORCID?
- How do I apply for Gold OA?
Should you want answers to any of the above or if you have any other questions, Mike and Mary will be at the following locations:
Brooks Atrium, Monday 24th Oct, 12:00-2:00pm
JD Foyer Chester Street Entrance, Tuesday 25th Oct, 12:00-2:00pm
If you have a question but can’t make either of these times, please contact RKE-Systems@mmu.ac.uk