To support academics in applying to either the researcher-led or commissioned workstream of the Efficacy and Mechanism Evaluation Programme, NIHR are offering two webinars (12 and 16 January 2017). These will provide you with an outline of the programme, tips for a successful application and allow you the opportunity to ask questions of the team.
Researcher-led funding opportunities Proposals on topics or research questions identified by researchers, which are within the programme’s remit.
The EME Programme funds ambitious studies evaluating interventions that have the potential to make a step-change in the promotion of health, treatment of disease and improvement of rehabilitation or long-term care. Within these studies EME supports research to improve the understanding of the mechanisms of both diseases and treatments.
The deadline for applications is 1pm, 14 March 2017. For more information about this funding opportunity, visit the NIHR website.
Commissioned work stream funding opportunities open at present are:
- Improving Safety and Efficacy Through Targeted Drug Delivery
- Novel Interventions for Treatment Resistant Depression
- Mechanisms of action of health interventions
Full details including guidance are available on the NIHR website. The deadline for applying is 1pm, 14 March 2017.
The below topics are likely to be commissioned during the next year. Individual commissioning briefs will be published when the call opens and will define the call details.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Interventions to Slow the Progression of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Intraoperative Imaging for Oncological Surgery
- Virtual and Augmented Reality Technologies for Treating Psychological Disorders