Addressing Homelessness: Reducing-Preventing-Ending conference agenda will seek to share understanding and strategic thinking of the homeless situation in the UK and will highlight issues of particular concern such as; the increasing occurrence of youth homelessness, the risks and consequences of modern day slavery and the factors impacting on health in the homeless community. The programme will feature plenary addresses from those at the forefront of tackling homelessness covering the evidence, causes and impacts, whilst examples of successful interventions and projects will be showcased as possible long term solutions which delegates’ own organisations may benefit from adopting.
Some of the confirmed and Invited Speakers
- Mark McPherson, Director of Strategy, Partnership and Innovation, Homeless Link (confirmed)
- Clive Betts, Chair, Communities and Local Government Select Committee (invited)
- Martin Gill, Director of Housing and Support, Centrepoint (confirmed)
- David Parker-Radford, Homeless Health Project Manager, The Queen’s Nursing Institute (confirmed)
- Laura Dodge, Marketing and Communications Manager, Streetwise Opera (confirmed)
- Jeff Endean, Housing Strategy & Programmes Manager, London Borough of Lewisham (invited)
- Mick Clarke, CEO, The Passage (confirmed)
- Deborah Garvie, Policy Manager, Shelter (confirmed)
- Amanda Croome, CEO and Jo Wilson, Volunteer, Booth Centre (confirmed)
- Brian Robson, Policy & Research Programme Manager at Joseph Rowntree Foundation (JRF) (invited)
When: September 19, 2017 | 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
At: The Studio, Manchester
For more information and to book or reserve a spot please visit this website.