The Dunhill Medical Trust have announced that they are now accepting outline research project grant applications.
The trust will consider applications in the following areas:
- Bioscience underpinning the mechanisms of ageing, providing there is a clear statement of how the research will be used for the benefit of older people within a reasonable timeframe.
- Research relating to improving the effectiveness and efficiency of health services and social care delivery for older people.
- Research relating to improving technology and the built environment, to meet the needs of an ageing population.
- Behavioural research.
- Clinical and applied research.
- Health services research.
- Public health research.
- Research carried out on a multidisciplinary basis.
- Pilot and proof-of-concept studies that can provide sufficient evidence for larger studies which can attract support from major funding bodies.
- Activities that will expand the research capacity in the above areas.
- Research related to modifiable risk factors for well-being and health: for example, environmental factors, diet, stress, exercise, social participation, recreation etc.
The application is a two-stage process with the first stage deadline on 11th January 2019, giving you plenty of time to get started on your outline application. Successful ideas will be invited to submit a full application by 1st February 2019.
Deadline: 11th January 2019
Award Amount: £25k – £300k
Duration: up to 3 years
If you would like to apply then please get in touch with your Research Development Team.