UK Research & Innovation (UKRI) invite proposals to this call on the Strategic Priorities Fund programme on ‘Landscape Decisions: Towards a new framework for using land assets’. This is a four-year multidisciplinary programme jointly delivered by NERC, the Arts & Humanities Research Council, the Biotechnology & Biological Sciences Research Council, the Engineering & Physical Sciences Research Council and the Economic & Social Research Council on behalf of UKRI.
Fellowship proposals to this call could address a number of challenges. Examples may include, but are not limited to, the following (in no particular order):
- How to ensure landscape decisions are climate-resilient;
- How landscape decisions can support the UK’s 2050 net zero emissions target;
- The role of mathematics, big data and artificial intelligence within landscape decision making;
- How decisions on multifunctional landscapes can be taken under uncertainty to improve environmental land management;
- The engagement of diverse social and institutional groups with landscape decision making;
- The role of individual emotions and values, and/or finance in landscape decision making.
- How to ensure landscape decisions take account of local/regional place-based factors including those of a socio-political and economic nature.
Three types of Fellowship are available:
- Research Synthesis Fellowships.
- Research Translation Fellowships.
- Community Engagement Research Fellowships.
Funds of up to £1 million are available for this call. Fellowships can be full or part-time and applications are open to people at any career stage.
Deadline: 26 March 2020
Full details and how to apply: https://nerc.ukri.org/research/funded/programmes/landscape/news/ao-landscape-decisions-fellowships/
Please get in touch with your relevant Research Development Manager