The Wellcome Trust have announced a new fund to support researchers to develop and test innovative ways of making health research open, accessible and reusable.
Examples of the type of activities that they’re considering to include (but not limited to):
- Making outputs findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable (FAIR).
- Developing open platforms or tools.
- Improving research reproducibility.
- Speeding up ways to find and share data.
- Looking at the role of blockcahin technology could play in managing and disseminating research outputs.
- Testing new metrics that offer transparent ways to evaluate open research.
- Embedding incentives to encourage open research approaches.
- Developing crowdsourcing approaches to increase participation in research.
Wellcome will review proposals based on the vision for your activity, including its aims, target audience and how you’ll advance open practices in your research field and beyond as well as how you’ll evaluate the outcomes and impact of the research.
Funding Amount: £50,000
Duration: 1 year
Deadline: Tuesday 7th August 2018