The Leverhulme Trust Research Leadership Award (RLA) is currently open for applications.
Each institution is limited to one bid only. As a result, an internal process has been put in place to nominate the Man Met proposal for submission.
The Research Leadership Award is aimed at exceptionally talented Man Met academics who are on an academic career trajectory to be the future research leaders and need to build a team to address a distinct research problem. The awards will be for up to £1 million, for staff salaries and associated costs.
Proposals are invited in any research area, with the exception of the following:
- studies of disease, illness and disabilities in humans and animals
- research that is intended to inform clinical practice or the development of medical applications
- research areas currently identified as a priority by the research councils or other significant public funders
- policy-driven research where the principal objective is to assemble an evidence base for immediate policy initiatives
- research where advocacy is an explicit component
- research aimed principally at an immediate commercial application
- proposals in which the balance between assembling a data bank or database and the related subsequent research is heavily inclined to the former
As part of the first stage of the internal process, the applicants are requested to email an Expression of Interest (EOI) (using the template) and a CV (max. 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 29th March 12pm.
Further details about the internal process outlined below:
|What will be done||By Who||By When|
|1.||Applicants to email EOI (using the attached template) and a CV (max. 2 pages) to email@example.com||– Applicants|
-RDMs to check the eligibility and assign the applications to UCRKE
|Friday 29-Mar 12pm|
|2.||Review the applications and shortlist one application per centre to be developed into a full proposal||Review and decision making led by Research Centre Directors||Wedsnesday 03-Apr 12pm|
|3.||Shortlisted Applicant to work with respective UCRKE centre director(s) to develop the EOI into a full application with supporting statement from Centre Directors||Applicant & UCKRE Centre Directors(s)||Thursday 25-Apr 12pm|
|4.||Shortlisted full applications from each centre sent to University panel of Richard Greene (PVC RKE) and Heads of Daculty RKE||Vinod Verghese (RDM)||Thursday 25-Apr 5pm|
|5.||University panel to consider the full applications and choose a single Manchester Met bid to be put forward||Richard Greene and Heads of Faculty RKE||Friday 26-Apr|
|6.||Decision communicated to applicants||Vinod Verghese (RDM)||Monday 29-Apr|
|7.||Manchester Met proposal submitted to the Leverhulme Trust||Applicants & RDMs||Friday 10-May|
Please contact the Research Development Managers for your respective area if you have any questions about the call or the process.