The UKPRP Partners have agreed to commit over £50 million to support research into the primary prevention of NCDs. NCD’s acount for 89% of all deaths in the UK and result in large economic costs to health and social care systems and to the wider society. Under the first UKPRP funding round four consortia and four networks were awarded over £25 million to tackle major upstream determinants of NCDs – further details of these awards can be found here.
Funders now seek to complement the initial portfolio and welcome consortia and networks in the areas outlines below:
- Preventing Poor mental health and promoting mental wellbeing.
- Reducing health inequalities (where this forms the primary focus of an application).
- Using fiscal and economic interventions to prevent NCDs and reduce health inequalities.
- Modifying other social and economic determinants of health and wellbeing,
- Tackling food systems that perpetuate unhealthy diets and obesity.
- Improving the urban environment, including transport systems and air quality.
- Using green and blue spaces for improving population health and preventing NCDs.
- Targeting specific life course stages or transitions.
- Cross-cutting approaches.
If you are interested in this funding opportunity then please visit the MRC website for full details on eligibility, application requirements and further details on funding,