Since the arrival of the new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) there has been some confusion over the impact that this will have on researchers and their data. UKRI have produced an overview to give guidance and support.
The overview is specifically tailored to academics and researchers and covers topics that are relevant to data collection and sharing within a research environment. The overview covers the following areas of key concern:
- What is GDPR?
- What counts as ‘personal data’?
- How does GDPR impact research?
- How do I make sure my data processing for research is lawful?
- What do I need to do to be fair and transparent?
- What are the implications for sharing my data?
- What are GDPR safeguards?
- Who’s responsible?
The full document can be found here.