A new joint initiative between the Medical Research Council (MRC; part of UKRI, partly funded by the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF)) and the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) has been announced. This is the first of three annual calls with up to £10m available to support around 10 -15 grants.
Value: up £100k for seed-funding, no limit for Research Grants
Duration: 12 months for seed-funding, 3 years for Research Grants.
Deadline: 24th April 2019
The purpose of the award is to address the burden of maternal and neonatal mortality and morbidity in low and middle income countries. The awards will support multidisciplinary approaches, strengthening research partnerships and promoting capacity building in global maternal and neonatal health research. The scope of awards is deliberately broad to reflect the complexity and challenges faced.
Research Grants are intended to support:
- UK and/or LMIC research consumable costs
- Salary costs for UK and/or LMIC-based researchers
- Partnership and networking activities
- Research training and capacity building activities
- Travel and Subsistence
See Awards are intended to support:
- Networking meetings to develop strategy and partnerships for future activities.
- Small pump-priming projects to generate preliminary data for future applications
- Salary costs for existing research staff, where these can be shown to be making a clear and important contribution of proposed activities
- travel and subsistence/
For more information about the call please visit the call details here.
If you would like to apply for this scheme please contact your Research Development Team.